Visit us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on LinkedIn
In pertnership with Guild Insurance
Australian Childcare Alliance
The Early Childhood and Community Engagement Division within the Department of Education will be convening a series of state wide...
In Australia, children and young people spend upwards of 30 hours per week in the care of educators – from...
Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk has ordered all Townsville schools and early learning services to close today.Please take care on the roads,...
Volunteering can be a recognised activity for the activity test. One or more of the following must apply: it is voluntary...

Are you aware of the National Education & Care Services, FOI & Privacy Commissioners and Ombudsman?

ACA Qld has connected with Lesley Foster, National ECS FOI & Privacy Commissioners & Ombudsman to discuss what her office does and how it can potentially support ACA Qld members.

Lesley deals with complaints about the bodies responsible for implementing Australia’s early childhood education and care regulatory system - the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) and the State and Territory Regulatory Authorities (RAs). 

The complaint must fall within the jurisdiction of the Ombudsman or Commissioners to investigate. The  Ombudsman can receive complaints about the administrative actions of ACECQA only. The FOI Commissioner can investigate complaints about whether the FOI processes and actions of an RA or ACECQA are handled appropriately, and can review FOI decisions made by these agencies. The Privacy Commissioner can investigate complaints about the handling of your personal information by an RA or ACECQA

Before making a complaint to the Ombudsman or Commissioners you should first contact the relevant agency you wish to complain and provide them with an opportunity to address your concerns. 

Lesley’s Office is independent and impartial. Further information is available at

If you have concerns with Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC) offices you must speak with your Regional Offices.