- Published: Monday, 24 July 2017 13:37
ACA Qld committee member, Jae Fraser and General Manager, Brent Stokes recently attended the Early Years Forum hosted by the Queensland Minister for Education, Kate Jones MP.
Several issues were discussed including:
- the implementation of review of the National Quality Framework – This is progressing and there is no real updates at this stage.
- National Partnership Agreement/Queensland Kindergarten Funding – no further extension after December 2018 at this stage.
- Transition Statements – the new process released by the Queensland Government allows for transition statements to go directly to schools from Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC) services. ACA Qld is very pleased to hear this news as we have worked hard to achieve this result during consultations.
- ECT Registration – the consultation papers will be distributed regarding barriers of moving from provisional to full registration and the alignment with the National Law and registration. ACA Qld will remain heavily involved during the consultations of this and will gather member feedback when required.
ACA Qld expressed our members’ deep concerns regarding the additional ECT requirement proposed under current legislation and the lack of graduates entering the sector to meet these demands. The Minister advised that she hears the sector's concerns and asked the Department of Education and Training to set up a sub-committee to investigate these concerns and ACA Qld will be invited to participate.
ACA Qld requested to extend the transitional arrangement to allow ECEC services to meet this requirement. ACA Qld also suggested the continuation of bridging courses for Diploma educators to complete the required qualifications.
We will keep you updated on these issues as more information come to hand. If you have any questions, please call us on 07 3808 2366 or 1300 365 325 (outside Brisbane).