Australian Childcare Alliance Queensland launched Early Childhood Educators Day six years ago to raise awareness and support for the valuable work of the early years’ educators in educating and caring for tomorrow's leaders.
The event is held every year on the first Wednesday in September, and the next Early Childhood Educators Day will be held throughout the nation on Wednesday, 6 September 2017.
The event is held to ensure that educators can receive well deserved recognition and appreciation for their contribution to Australia’s future leaders.
How to celebrate
You can celebrate with children and parents at your service - be creative!
- Create an ECE Appreciation Wall.
- Have a high-tea, a BBQ, a picnic or a mini-show day with games and face-painting.
- Have a “super heroes for super educators” themed day! You can decorate your service with super hero party decorations and have a photo booth station with super hero props!
- Colour-coordinate clothes for the day. Everyone comes to work in costume!
- Create a “photo tree” with pictures of educators.
- Share with educators some of the positive feedback received from parents.
- Print out appreciation/inspirational poems to put up on the walls.
- Place a red carpet in the entrance to the service to make a “walk of fame”.
- Decorate the walls with gold stars and pictures of each educator.
- Create a giant thank you card to display in the reception area, keep a pen close by so parents can write small messages on the card.
Go to www.childcarealliance.org.au for more information.