Who are we?
Childcare Queensland underwent a rebranding process in 2014 and merged with other state associations across Australia to form Australian Childcare Alliance (ACA). ACA is a unified national body that represents the interests of the long day care sector across Australia.
ACA Qld has existed in various forms for more than 30 years and is run by a management committee comprised of its members. The management committee are owners, operators and managers of long day care services with extensive knowledge and experience in the fields of early childhood, education and training, and management. To view our management committee, click here.
What are our aims?
ACA Qld is committed to providing its members with a strong, positive and proactive voice. We believe in quality early childhood practices and are committed to the continuous improvement of the long day care sector. Our ambition is to be:
- A reputable source of advice to all levels of government.
- A proactive industry advocate.
- A strong public voice in the media.
- A source for members to share ideas, discuss challenges and create solutions.
- An access point to industry experts for advice on business and operations.
- A provider of services to support ongoing quality improvement, professional development and consistently high service standards.
- A leader in developing policies, plans and programs to meet the training and workforce development needs of long day care.
- A pathway to the best industry suppliers and competitive offers and rates.
What do we do?
Our operations evolve and change depending on the needs of our members, changes to government policy and emerging trends. We actively engage, lobby and create the tools, services and advice that our members need. We aim to actively respond to critical issues that impact the quality of education and care that our members provide, as well as the viability of the long day care sector.